Fabian's Blog..

Profile
Name: Yin Bin Hao Fabian
Birthday: 9th November 1988
Horoscope: Scorpio
Currently serving national service
Previously from Temasek Polytechnic
Logistics and Operations Management


Tagboard





You know you love me, too.
Layout is by Cia: (Blog | Acc)
Icons/banners are from: Stopthetime / Reviviscent respectively.
Links inspiration are from: Alissa. xoxo
Haven't been blogging lately..
Sunday, April 04, 2010
Well, I haven't been blogging for the past two months. Life is still the same. Burning my usual 2 weeks worth of week ends a month which repay's back by having weekday off's which are practically useless as all my friends are busy during weekdays. 5months and 10days more and I will ORD on Sept 15th this year. So short yet so long. Which means I will have to clear all my year 2 stuff which I haven't clear like SOC, range, ACCT and all. For your info I have about 20 days off and 13 days leave at the moment with some of my men having 30days off. How to clear?
Bought a second hand E51 for my mobile broadband. Since they have this free mobile broadband 7.2mbps as my dad went to sign the starhub 100mbps plan for home use so that he can get the free all in one computer I think. 100mbps is really fast when I load all my web pages and all. Games wise I haven't really tried yet. Am I weird or what? Normally guys will be hooked on games while I don't even feel like playing them no matter how highly rated they are. These days I just don't feel like doing anything. Not playing any games, not really watching videos. I just feel like sleeping. Life's so boring.. Maybe school life will spice up my life abit next year?
As for studies wise I have decided I will apply for SIM-RMIT's Economics and Finance. Compared to other courses which starts Aug when I haven't ORD and the bridging courses that I will need to take, this course will suit me best I surpose. Since it starts at Jan next year which won't be affected by my ORD date. In addition it's only 1.5 years since I have a business background during my polytechnic education compared to the minimum of 2.5 years I will have to take for other courses including bridging. Without honours is one thing, but getting out 1year ahead of my fellow peeps and working, gaining experience, earning money is a fair tradeoff. Opportunity Cost? Econs!! Haha. School fees is at 17k which is like 7k lesser for those with fees of 24k and above. This 7k could well pay for my polytechnic fees which I'm paying now $100 per month. There's 12 modules for these 3 semesters compared to UOL's 12 modules for 3 years. Yes I think it's very hard for 4modules per sem which I doubt I'll be able to cope. Furthermore failure is non acceptable as it not only incurs additional costs but also time wastage which I cannot afford. Part time job is therefore not an option in the future which explains why I have to save money now which means no ps3. Of course there are my concerns like will I be accepted for the course as I don't really have an alternative choice after this although I'm exploring the possible alternatives. What about my school fees? What if I can't get bank loan for my degree? Lots of stuff to consider..
Well simple maths that I thought off is something like this. When I start studying next year I'll be 23 years old (damn). Finish studies at 24.5years old(if nothing goes wrong). Lets say I find a job that takes home 2k a month. 1k for debts each month including poly fees which is 22k will take me approx 2 years to clear. At the age of 27 will I finally be able to save up for my future. Buying a car before that is not possible as I believe clearing my debts first is more important. Furthermore I don't really have the need for a vehicle at the moment (who knows maybe I will have a change of mind later on).
Econs and finance.. Actually I don't really know what I can work in the future. Every since 'o' levels. I told myself business is the way as the other courses are not really practical for future use as jobs will be hard to find since they're so specialise. Be it engineering or IT. I'm glad to have choosen business. Logistics was my natural choice of the 3 as I don't have a flare in marketing (I don't really dare to speak up in the past) and business is too hard for me to get in. Logistics is really fun and I made alot of friends there. After poly I had always thought that logistics degree was my way of life. However people's mindset changes at each stage of their lives. Just like how friends will come and go at different stages. Econs and finance is to prepare me for a broaded job scope. Banking/Accounting and finance has too many students thus I don't really want to compete with them as I'll bound to lose out to them. If I really can't get a job I can still rely on my logistics diploma as I read in some career book a diploma is enough for logistics. Maybe as I study next year I'll find out what I want to work or what I can work as after getting the degree. Rich people fon't work hard. They do investments to get richer. Maybe studying this course can also prepare me for future investements that I may make.
We have all grown older bit by bit. Secondary school was only like yesterday. I'm 22 this year. What have i achieved? Studies not so good. Sports not so good. Relationships zero. This really makes people think that what have they been doing. Looks like degree is the last chance that will determine my life be it good or bad. People always say that they will study harder after they fail. But do they? Not for me. Pimary I said that I will study very hard and get into a good secondary school. Secondary school I said that I will study very hard and get into a JC. Poly I said that I will study very hard and get into uni. Did I? It's really time for me to wake up. Compared to everyone I can say that i'm doing so-so or should I say moderately okay for my life. If not for now then when? If not me then who? Someone should just stop me for straying away from my goals. Where's that someone? 22 years old already still don't have. People around me always say my expectations very high. It's not really that case. Tall, slim, caring, being there for me is all I ask for. Yes I'm not that handsome and great myself. I just feel that since I want to like someone I should find the one I really like. Let's hope uni will find her. =]
Everytime I don't have the feeling to blog. It's really hard to start blogging but once I start my paragraphs will come out. Haha!! I think next time uni those 500words essay no problem!! Haha. Faster study first!! Macro econs is hard man!! I'm reading back my poly notes and I don't even know how I passed. What GDP, LRAS, SRAS, demand, supply.. O.O (giddy) Haha. Still have micro econs and the notes I want to borrow from my friend fiannce, commercial law. Dies... Recently my kness haven't been nice to me. My skin too. Visiting the skin centre on the 28th. Its SAF so its FREE!! Haha. Must faster go check everything before I ORD this coming Sept. Wisdom tooth done. Hohoho xD Saved $1k hor.. Anyways I feel like making braces. I just dread the plucking of tooth and stuffs. T.T $$ is another issue. I'm also considering seeing doctor for my nose. As I breathe in and out like using one nostril only. My camp mate when to correct it already. Operation man.. My health suck right? Haven't qi lao ba shi I so so so many problems already. Before ORD must settle!! Haha. Who ask me so garang join infantry recce somemore. Should have chao geng abit be driver or medic. Haha!! Nevermind la. NS 2 years must well make full use of it. Although I don't have as much experience as the officers, guards, divers or commandos, I think my recce course is the next best thing. Haha!! Go outfield jungle hat hor!!! No helmet!!!! =x Fastest team for my 60km navigation hor!! "Every Rest You Take Brings You Further. Every Step You Take Brings You Closer." That's our motto on the board. Cos 'xiu xi shi wei le zhou gen chang de lu' but if we don't rest so much but continue walking we will reach our destination faster. Maybe this could be applied to my life? Who knows? =D



Friends
Agnes April Daughter Elizabeth Elvira Felicia Jerene Ka Chong Pei Shi Samantha Vic Wee Gek Weng Lum Zhiqi Friendster