| Fabian's Blog.. |
Profile
Name: Yin Bin Hao FabianBirthday: 9th November 1988 Horoscope: Scorpio Currently serving national service Previously from Temasek Polytechnic Logistics and Operations Management Tagboard
You know you love me, too.
Layout is by Cia: (Blog | Acc)Icons/banners are from: Stopthetime / Reviviscent respectively. Links inspiration are from: Alissa. xoxo |
last day of my job..
Sunday, October 24, 2010
Hahaha. Feeling so tired with many various thoughts in my mind. Where should I start first? Hmmmm.. Oh ya I had my last day at work last friday. After working close to two months there I have learnt alot from there be it logistics experience or working experience. Logistically wise I learnt way much then a normal person would learn within this short period of time I presume. As I handled alot of stuffs from import, inventory management to exporting stuff. Yes logistics is fun if you work in a department handling only import or export instead of 2 person handling everything. Haha. Never regret quitting as once I have made a decision I wont go back on it. Maybe I will regret not following through my contract, however I guess it's time to move on when it's time to move on. My last remaining days in the company was good as since I was leaving my in charge treated me very well. LOL. Want to leave then like that. Too late le la.. At least I did not leave a bad impression behind. But having said so, after working there for nearly 2 months I realised several stuff that is important in life. One of it is your work environment. I prefer those work environment whereby I work with a group of people and we can chit chat and have lunch together even though our work is tedious. I hate to work alone. As I really hate the loneliness. But not every work location is like that. It's hard to really find some work that you like or look forward to work. At least I learned skills of going to an interview. What type of questions to ask, how should I present myself, etc. I think to me interviews aren't really the problem here as so far after various interviews I usually get selected which I pushed it away last minute as it doesn't suit me. The next thing is more important to me. How to differentiate yourself from others. I was asked this question multiple times by different people. My answer? I am still trying to find the answer I want but I think it needs to take some time. To me not specialising in one subject is my way of being different. How many people studied the same major throughout their studies. Doing business since poly up till degree and masters. To me, business is linked. Be it logistics, finance, accounting, HR and marketing. Yes I may be a jack of all trades but master of none. But I think it suits my personal philosophy of knowing everything even by a bit is better than not knowing it.At least when people tell me about this or that at least I heard about it before. Brushing up my knowledge after that is another separate issue. So I hope that I can get into my economics and finance course for my degree. Followed by maybe a masters is HR or marketing or general business if I can manage to switch fields. Maybe if I am so free I will take ACCA? HAHAHAHA. See how la.. Talk is cheap. Wait till I enter my university and pass with flying colours first huh. Hahaha. Either way I am out of a job at the moment. Looking for some banking or finance job. Data entry is fine for me too even for a lower salary. As long as i gain first hand experience handling their documentation. Being meticulous in my reports is something which I still need to hone. As I still find errors in them from time to time. Probably its my nature to rush through things getting it done quickly. Its something like comparing being 100% accurate but slow or 95% correct but fast. Hmmm.. Don't know la. Hahaha.On a side note I am still waiting for my desire HD!! So long.. Wait till old already. My birthday is also coming. Hahahaha. Celebrating 22 years old of being single. =x Uni life faster come!! LOL. mean while I shall continue to play my games and send my resumes out. Good luck to me man. |
Friends
Agnes
April
Daughter
Elizabeth
Elvira
Felicia
Jerene
Ka Chong
Pei Shi
Samantha
Vic
Wee Gek
Weng Lum
Zhiqi
Friendster
|