| Fabian's Blog.. |
Profile
Name: Yin Bin Hao FabianBirthday: 9th November 1988 Horoscope: Scorpio Currently serving national service Previously from Temasek Polytechnic Logistics and Operations Management Tagboard
You know you love me, too.
Layout is by Cia: (Blog | Acc)Icons/banners are from: Stopthetime / Reviviscent respectively. Links inspiration are from: Alissa. xoxo |
Degree with Distinction!
Saturday, June 16, 2012
It
has been awhile since I last blogged! Firstly I want to say that I finally got
my Degree with Distinction!! Hooray!! All my hard work has finally paid off for
the last 1.5 years. The entire May I was so worried about my results that I had
nightmares I would miss the mark by a grade. In the end I got it with 2 grades
to spare. Lucky! All along my grades have quite a few was right smack on the
dot like 70 or 80 for distinction’s and high distinction’s. In total I have got
4 HD’s, 6 DI’s and 2 CR’s with a cumulative GPA of 3.2/4.0. Ah damn price
theory and risk management. I could’ve got distinction if not for the black out
during the exam for a high percentage question which after coming out I
suddenly remembered how to do! =/ But well I am really contented with this
semester’s results. I secretly aimed for 2HD’s and 2DI’s so that I could end my
last semester with identical results as the first semester. My International
Trade is really oh my god. I got HD for my course work and a high one in fact
and ended up gotten back a really low distinction of 71 marks which means my
exams was a major screw up. However I think the paper could be marked really
strictly as quite a few of my friends failed that module and thus unable to
graduate with us. =/ Needless to say there was quite a few of my friends who
missed the degree with distinction by just a single grade by like 3 marks? That
was my greatest fear. But seriously I am glad that I really did well after all
the hard work especially the study break whereby I allocated precise days to
study each module and followed strictly to it. Luckily I got Clarissa to study
with me throughout in which we really motivated each other! We really studied in
SMU every single day from the morning all the way into the night. At times the
other councilors were there too! Whoever said that council would take up loads
of study time and affect your grades is greatly mistaken! In fact the majority of the councilors are HD
students like me whom motivate each other! We shared past year papers with each
other, taught each other and had fun with each other! It was really a pity my
course was so short at 1.5 years else I would really like to mix with all of
them more! Although the last semester I kind of distance myself from council
due to my studies I would still do what I can to help them whenever I could. =)
Got my testimonial from council too! At least I could really look back into
university life and said that I had a good one! From orientation mates to
council peeps to all the other old friends that I had be it during poly or
army, it was really a joy to step into a school which gave me a feeling close
to Temasek Polytechnic.
I
would like to thank my parents too! Especially my mum whom constantly cooked
for me during the study break worrying that I would be hungry and brewed loads
of liang teh for me. Thanks mum! This Degree with Distinction was really for
you! Before all the last 4 papers I would pray really hard before the reading
time that all I have studied would come out as I want to make you proud of me
and it did! I guessed heaven really answered my pleas before the exams. =) That
saying my dad too! Although he could not really show it but he did try to
encourage me during exams and tell me to do my best and not to worry about the
outcome and it did. Although I do not have a girlfriend which I really wished
for I have wonderful parents that I really appreciate. I guess heaven was
really fair.
Well
that was about all for my happy portions for my blog post and everything from
here on will be more emotional or negative if I could say.
Firstly
for the past few weeks I was really worried due to my family problems. I hate
to say this but my mum could lose her job due to some reasons. I sincerely hope
that it will never happen! As for her age what could she do if that really
happens? I think it was a million times more stressful than me waiting for my
results. Luckily I have graduated. Imagine if I still have 2 years of
university education. The consequences would be more severe. I really prayed
very hard that my mum would pass this test. This was one major reason that I
was really worried and unhappy over the past few weeks. I could not possibly
tell anyone about it just like this. It is really weird if I did.
Secondly
was my job hunt. So far there were no interviews yet. Whoever that said degree
with distinction has no advantage over a normal degree is damn sure as hell. I
have got a degree with distinction but so? I have got loads of friends whom had
a normal degree but landed jobs and started working while I am still at home
being a leech. I seriously dislike depending on others. Call me dumb or stupid
but I have my morals. My dad offered to pay a part of my study loan but I
declined as I wanted to show that I sent myself to university and paid for my
own study fees. I feel that it makes a great difference when one have to worry
about study loans while another does not. It makes you sense the urgency to
study well and not fail anything. It’s not that I am proud or anything but I
feel studies are really hard to fail if you attend lessons and listen to
lectures attentively. Do your tutorials and practice every single past year
paper there is and every tutorials. If everyone before me is able to do it
there is no excuse for me not being able to do it. I am not inferior to them in
anyway. It is the hunger to succeed that I have more than anyone that brought
me to doing well in my studies. Yes Scorpio’s are proud creatures whom cannot
lose and I am damn right about it. Applied it correctly and it will be
unstoppable. Currently I am searching for financial analyst roles or portfolio
management roles in financial institutes. These job positions are really hard
to come by and require loads of experience. Maybe sooner or later I would just
jump into sales if I do not land a job soon where I have no choice as my loan
repayments are going to start in July. This was my next worry as I cannot defer
my loans as the interests are really high. Unlike others my parents do not have
much savings too. This is why I resolute myself to take a study loan and pay it
fully by myself. Rest assured my studies will never stop here and I will take
CFA real soon once everything is settled down.
Next
would be her. Let me touch on her a bit. Well it has really been awhile since
she last talked to me after she got into a relationship and I totally shut
myself away from her. Before the release of my results she was really nice to
wish me on Facebook and tagged me with
the Dumbo photo to cheer me up like always. During the release of my last 2
results she was always there for me which I am really appreciative. Especially
before exams a simple good luck message from her would really send my
confidence sky high! And sky high it did, I ended up scoring mostly HD’s with
her blessing. =) However that day I was really cold towards her. She even took
the liberty to message me and asked me how my result was and how was
everything. She was really cheerful as usual and tried to talk to me numerous
times which I gave her totally cold replies which were totally unlike me. Somewhere
in me I kind of regretted doing so but I cannot help it after all she did. Call
me dumb maybe but I was really really really devoted. Probably if I see her on
the streets one fine day I would not know how to react. Should I say hi or
should I avoid her. What should I do? I have no idea. I never believed in how
lovers could not be friends after break ups and now I do. Although we were not
together, somehow it relates.
Then
there was my university life. I think it was no secret that I hated my course
due to the low number of females. And damn right I was not joking with 75% guys
inside the course. Before university I was really looking forward into finding
my other half. Upon entering the course it was no longer the case. Joining
council partly was me wanting to know more ladies. No one can fault me for that
as most of us joined for that purpose. The purpose of getting a testimonial
from it was just a smaller reason to join. Actually I was a little regretful as
throughout the years I have got quite a few possible positive outcomes that I
decided to make it clear that I was not interested. One of the major reasons
was her. I was seriously devoted to her and really tried my best to impress
her. Now looking back I felt that that was really a move that was unwise. I
have wasted 1.5 years of my life away in university. Maybe I was curious. Maybe
it was pressure from my parents. (Yes my parents. You should try listening to
them telling me to faster find a girlfriend and buy a flat and get married.)
The biggest thought of it was to find someone who could listen to me. There
were numerous times that I really needed that someone. You cannot possibly tell
guys about all these stuffs? Besides that is feels really gay to me. I could not
always complain to the same people too. Most or all of them have boyfriends and
I cannot depend on them all the time. How would the boyfriend feel? I just feel
that I should not really do that. And I cannot possibly date them out for
movies or shopping right. I have really learnt my lesson. Although Scorpio’s
are idiots who like to go for the forbidden but I think it has its limits. I
still have my morals to follow. Maybe on the surface I look like I am
desperate. However from my actions I really did not do anything desperate. I
did not try to talk to any girls nor message anyone. Now I can safely say that
the only girl that is messaged me was my mum. The rest are all guys. If I am
really desperate I will really message every single one of them and try to strike
a conversation. I really need a hug. There are so many things that are on my
mind and all I need it really someone to be there for me. Just being there
literally is fine and I will appreciate it for the rest of my life. Scorpio’s
are someone that remembers the good and the bad things that people do to them.
All the positive actions that people do are deeply etched in my mind and I will
repay them someday if I can or repay them in equal terms.
Lastly
I do not know that if I am too nice to people that people took it for granted.
There’s a reason for everything that I do and not just something that I want to
do. If people think that I am selfish or just do things for myself please try to
ask me for the reason. There is a reason for everything. Maybe I think too
much. Or maybe I consider too much. But what I did was how I feel I should do
it or how I feel it should be done. An example would be my buddies’ birthday.
It was not my intention to choose some buffet that was so expensive. Do they
know that I don’t have much savings too? And my mum’s job was on the line. I
simply thought of choosing some place that was nice as who would want to
celebrate their birthday at some cheap restaurant. I feel that celebrations
should have basic respect placed on it. At least show that I care and did what
I could. Not everything that one has to say it out loud to everyone that what I
did behind the scenes. I even stopped gaming to discuss about it while they
grumble where I went and I simply have to lie that I was doing something for my
parents. From the bottom of my heart I swear that I will not want to lose the 3
of them no matter what. But at times it was really difficult to plan stuffs.
Please understand that it was not a given that I have to plan them every time.
It was really hard to do so when no one’s replying me and everyone’s dragging
and waiting for things to happen. I was really frustrated at times but I could
not express it. At times I may say stuffs that may be unpleasant. Or even
impose my ideas onto you guys. For that I am truly sorry. Believe me all I did
giving my best suggestion with no hidden agendas. I could nag a lot or I could
talk a lot but it was really for the welfare of you guys. Never once did I show
my worries. All of us have our own problems. Just hope that nothing major will
happen in the future like what happened to Amos.
Next,
for the person that was always there for me. Thanks! =) Noticed that I will say
thanks unexpectedly as I really appreciate the listening ear you gave me.
Probably sadly to say I have no one to turn to except you. This is why I feel
the need to say thanks for listening to every single bit of my stories. My
stories are really repetitive and boring. And it was mostly about her which
really bore you to death I suppose. Sorry for the mistakenly black face that I
had. I was really worried about my results and all the other stuff on my mind.
I could not possibly tell you everything as it will be too imposing on you as
my best friend. =) I am really listening to what you were saying! =) However I
think after telling me off about me being cold to her it somehow hit a raw
nerve on me as I felt that at times maybe guys should also have their temper
too. Not on you but on her. As she really took me for granted I felt. Don’t
you? Sorry about me losing my temper too. =( At times I just felt that I could
not rely too much on you as much as I wanted to. Maybe I am thinking too much.
I hope that I will not lose you in the future as I feel that you’re someone I
really appreciate. Really indebted to you all this while being there for me.
Thanks! =)
Well
its 330 AM in the morning now and I had spent like 1 whole hour typing this on
Microsoft word as I am too lazy to on my internet. There are still loads of
stuffs that I want to type. I am really thankful for everything everyone as
done. Especially those posts that I made on Facebook whereby so many people
congratulated me on my results or in the form of likes. Really felt loved.
There are so many people who have been with me thus far. Really enjoy their
company. Let’s see there’s DD, hq, jes, kam, wj. Followed by alice, pj, hs,
karen, fel, honey, kc. There’s my army buddies too sc, jg, del, kuah, ben,
clement, yh, jon, regan, damien, kenneth, lionel. My university clique closer
ones cc, yy, sandra, mich, xy, kim, gary, phoebe, gt. The council peeps. Other
clique like jer, clarissa, sandy, michelle. My buddies, ron, vic, ys, hao. Not
to forget her, jie and jerene. Not to forget my mum, dad and brother. Probably
everyone helped to shaped me as a person. Sincerely thank all of you for making
my life thus far a blessing although I had many worries in life. =)
|
Friends
Agnes
April
Daughter
Elizabeth
Elvira
Felicia
Jerene
Ka Chong
Pei Shi
Samantha
Vic
Wee Gek
Weng Lum
Zhiqi
Friendster
|