Fabian's Blog..

Profile
Name: Yin Bin Hao Fabian
Birthday: 9th November 1988
Horoscope: Scorpio
Currently serving national service
Previously from Temasek Polytechnic
Logistics and Operations Management


Tagboard





You know you love me, too.
Layout is by Cia: (Blog | Acc)
Icons/banners are from: Stopthetime / Reviviscent respectively.
Links inspiration are from: Alissa. xoxo
Last Post in 2012!
Wednesday, December 26, 2012
Hello my beloved dead blog!! *clears web*

It's really been a long long long while since I blogged. Well nowadays got so many social networks like twitter for me to vent my frustration that I seldom use blogger already. Because when I do blog I will be like a long winded ah pek going on and on and on yada yada..

This year has indeed passed in the blink of an eye with the greatest transition in my life. From a student to a working adult. Aww.. Kinda really miss the full time student life lazing around studying at my own pace and enjoying council activities getting to know more people. The year's been full of ups and downs I suppose? But wait! At least it did not end in a really really bad way right. Like how they said the world would end on the 21/12/12. Heng never end! Else I would die a virgin. My first kiss too! =.="

Let's see.. Each year there are the same few specific aspects of my life that I would really put them as resolutions of the new year. Firstly would be education. I am a graduate liao lo!! So glad that this freaking Year of the Dragon at least let me attain my Degree with Distinction. Was really really pleased with myself for attaining that although I know very well that its useless in the working society. But at least let me aim high and feel better for myself can! =) Since I am studying full time must well maximize its worth right? Get distinction while joining council. Enough said.. Had a great university life minus a few hiccups. Ok maybe a little more.. (Tweet Tweet) HAHAHA.  But I am glad that I did study hard as once you have gained the knowledge that knowledge is yours and no one can ever take it from you. It really helps you in the most amazing ways from understanding stuffs around the world to probably working and most importantly further studies. I have decided to take up CFA instead of masters in the meantime as I feel guys really need to study more and currently a Bachelors is really useless in the society whereby any donkey like me has it. It has come to a point whereby an education further up is much needed for career progression I realized. The working world really does open your eyes on how puny I am. I had just finish my exams on Dec 1st for CFA level 1 with results on the 22nd of January. Really worried! Hope I do pass.. =/ 

But why CFA? Hmmm.. I have always wanted to be an analyst (Well.. It keeps changing =x) after the Investment project in University. Being an analyst seems to be so cool! Analyzing companies and people putting their money based on what you wrote. Probably really analyzing companies with the company's funds and benefiting from it personally. =x In any case I have also missed the application for the Masters program when I have decided to further studies in July when I started work. I was in such a kan cheong mood to take CFA level 1 as level 2 and 3 are only offered once per year in June. So if I did not take level 1 in June than December I would need to wait an entire year just for the freaking level 2. Most of the times my choices are based on time! Like university how I choose Economics and Finance than Business Management. Although at times it may seemed like the ladies in the course are a factor of choice but I would always prove otherwise (Logistics and Economics & Finance). But lately after studying CFA I felt that probably being an analyst will not be something that I desire after all the accounting comes in. An analyst has to analyze all the freaking dumb balance sheets, cash flow statements and income statements. T.T Shall wait for my results to decide on my next move. If I pass I will definitely continue level 2 in June which is another hellish mugging within 4 months. =(

I found work! Those close to me will know where I am working. Work has been not bad. The people here are really wonderful! I prayed to have a nice working environment and colleagues who will have lunch with me. Boy am I glad that my prayers were answered! Although initially I was quite pissed off as my learning curve till now was sadly to say minimal with not much room for growth. However this job gave me ample of time to study my CFA during working hours as I am under projects with workload that varies. If not for the current work situation I may not have studied that much for exam preparation. I really need to thank my lucky stars be it I pass or fail my CFA. Really really enjoyed working at the moment although there were times I was really pissed. My objective now is still to study than gain work experience. At least my department is not bad! Risk Management! HAHAHA Quite a nice department to add into my resume. =x Fate really works in mysterious ways. Still remember telling people that I want to work in Risk Management during Sem 5 which I later changed to Analyst. Somehow I got into risk management! HAHAHA Talking about getting things when you least expected it. I will cherish it. =)

Next would be family for new year resolutions. This year there has been so much happening in my family. Problems after problems. Issues after issues. At times it was really unbearable. ='( My grandpa passed away and my brother had an operation to remove his tumor in his chest. But I am glad that my family has grown closer than before after all these. So I can count that my resolution of being closer to my family is somewhat achieved? Of course I will still try to take it up a notch for the years to come. Family are still the most important people in our lives. When anything happens your friends would not be there to help you. Your colleagues will not be there. When trouble happens that's when family steps in. This is why I will never ever go on overseas work attachment. I really really dislike the changes that I face when I come back like OSIP. Although I am adaptable to changes, I still dislike changes. People change. Friends change. Environment change. Probably I hate it when relationships change. Not romantically but normal friendships too. 

Next would be myself. Ahhh.. One word: CUI! Really damn jia lat. Getting fatter and fatter each year. Probably still going through puberty at the moment. Still growing (Sideways) and sprouting pimples. Being love broken. Signs of going through puberty LOL I really tend to eat a lot during studying. As I need food to aid my thought process. Studying part time is far worst! After work still must study where got time to run! How? Tell me how? My face is also damn cui. Just went to Maple clinic last weekend and kanna bombed $160. 3 weeks later going back to get bombed again. T.T Seriously, next year I need to get back in shape (See my BMT photo). If I can I will really make braces for my lousy teeth. That's about it for myself. This resolution always somehow fails each and every year! Why? Tell me why! 

Relationships wise.. GAVE UP! Really tiring to wish for it every year. Even CNY while lo hei I also go 'kuai dian zao dao nu peng you!' =x Probably the more I wish for it the more evasive it becomes. It's like the cab syndrome. When you need cabs there are none to be found. When you don't need them millions are in front of you telling you to ride me ride me. So maybe next year? Either way I have absolutely ZERO ability to have a girlfriend now too. My pay is all gone to paying my polytechnic, university and CFA school fees (60%). Can't even feed myself how to go on dates? Pray that I can find someone who's self sufficient! Although that's one of my personal criteria. =x Please intro me more lady friends! I work in a male dominated work environment! The youngest single lady is in her thirties. Although she is VP but the age gap is far too big! Jiu jiu ni de peng you ba!

What about life goals? Currently I seriously have the settling down mentality. My girlfriend will probably be my first and my last. If everything is smooth sailing I will finish all my CFA exams level 1 to 3 by June 2014 (26 years old). By then I will need 2 more years of work experience to earn my CFA Charter (Yes they need 4 years of relevant work experience even if I passed everything). Probably I will take a 2 years Masters directly after CFA exams till 2016 (28 years old). By then I will be done with paying for my school fees at the age of 28 years old. I will be more or less done with studying (Bachelors, Masters, CFA.) However I will still be taking those certificates that are beneficial to my work. Education may not be useful in the working world but it does open new doors and opportunities for you. Most likely I will jump to front office dealing with people and selling financial products. Passive portfolio manager? Who knows.. Money is indeed very important but not that important at this juncture. I just have this mentality of completing all my education before putting my everything into work. Learn from the basics and necessary skills before going out to hunt. That's how I personally feel. If and if within these few years I do manage to find someone to live with for the rest of my life I do want to apply for a flat within the first year. =x (Yes I am hasty.) As I do really really want to settle down. The flat needs time to build up can! By 28 years old the flat should be more or less up and going with my education coming to and end. From then on is savings and having a child. I want 3 kids! (Girl, Boy, Girl.) Poor wife. =x Before 30 I wanna have a child! So that our parents and be grandparents soon! Actually our parents are really really old. Still working at their age to support the family with their tired minds and bodies. Really want to get the CFA Charter and earn more to support them. I really really do. =/ As always I do things not for myself but for others. Close to nothing is done for myself as I couldn't get the motivation to do it. I do not aspire to be extraordinary. All I want is to have a normal family of 3 kids living in a modest HDB flat, a modest car and trips around the world a few times a year. With my kids, parents and family living comfortably. That's all I ask for be it this year, next year or the year after. 

Okays I am too long winded!! Bye bye 2012 and say Hi to 2013! Year of the Snake! Hiss... =D



Friends
Agnes April Daughter Elizabeth Elvira Felicia Jerene Ka Chong Pei Shi Samantha Vic Wee Gek Weng Lum Zhiqi Friendster