| Fabian's Blog.. |
Profile
Name: Yin Bin Hao FabianBirthday: 9th November 1988 Horoscope: Scorpio Currently serving national service Previously from Temasek Polytechnic Logistics and Operations Management Tagboard
You know you love me, too.
Layout is by Cia: (Blog | Acc)Icons/banners are from: Stopthetime / Reviviscent respectively. Links inspiration are from: Alissa. xoxo |
About you..
Saturday, February 09, 2013
Words here cannot
possibly describe how I felt about this little tweety bird that I know of.
It's been more than 2 years since I have known her and ever since then
my life has been full of up and downs with most of my mood swings tied to this
little bird. It was really a love-hate relationship that I have. I really
like her so much to the point where I will literally give her the entire world
if I could. Yet she had brought me so much unhappiness that I would definitely not
want to remember. It’s really easier to be loved than to love.
This passage here
really made me pondered and it really accurately depicts what I have been
feeling. http://thoughtcatalog.com/2013/dont-wait-for-anyone-wknd/
I have decided to paste the entire passage here as it was really one hell of a
good read.
‘‘There are
people you will always wait for. You want them to be a part of your life, to
approve of your decisions, to love you in the way you love them. Even if they
say, in so many words, “I am not interested,” you will choose to interpret it
as a temporary speed bump instead of the road block it was intended to be. You
can lose months, years, waiting for someone who has already made it clear they
have no desire to catch up. You wait for them largely because you think that,
in the time between now and when they realize they actually care about you,
you’ll be able to change into the person they likely want you to be. You’ll be
wittier, thinner, happier, and more fun. You’ll have become the person you know
you’re capable of being, and they will have magically realized that they were
wrong.
There are people
who make you
wait. Worse still than those for whom you wait of your own volition, these are
the people who know they have a certain amount of control and influence over
your life and use it to make sure you don’t go anywhere while they look around
for the possibility of better options. You are a placeholder for them, someone
who can fill in for real emotions in a pinch but isn’t who they dream about at
night. The idea is that you will be on standby, waiting for them to decide you
deserve a few minutes of their time, and will be happy with whatever they let
you have.
What is the worst part of waiting for
someone? Is it the constant state of never knowing? There is something to be
said for the stomach-dropping uncertainty of having no control or say over
someone who is so intensely tied to your emotions. It can become addictive, the
feeling of endless waiting punctuated by the occasional moment of a text or
call or vague indicator of affection which can tide you over for another few
weeks or so. But it is undoubtedly the humiliation inherent in waiting for
someone which is the most profoundly insulting, which leaves scars you will
pick at for years to come. To be this person who is dependent on another for
happiness, for affirmation, for permission to exist the way you choose to — how
embarrassing. It conjures up words like “desperate,” “needy,” or “annoying,”
words you know only hit the tip of the iceberg.
There is never a good outcome in waiting
for someone. There is only life to be missed, and parts of yourself to hide
away in an effort to be what you imagine they want. There are only edges to be
dulled and dignity to hand over to someone else. There is much to be lost in
waiting for someone. And sure, there are times when two people are waiting for
each other — when logistics or circumstances are keeping them apart for
whatever reason. But that is not waiting. That is not lingering at the edge of
some invisible cliff, waiting to be pushed off. That is love as much as any
other, if only separated by a few inconvenient outside factors. Waiting is the
absence of love, the decision to put yourself in a chronic state of unhappiness
on the off-chance that the one you love will take pity on it and love you back.
Love never works that way. There is no
amount of self-flagellation that will add up to enough credit to get someone to
reciprocate your feelings. We have all lost time waiting for someone who never
noticed us — or, at least, never noticed the person we actually were. We have
all done that dance of being The Perfect Person in an effort to trick someone
into finding us lovable. But waiting only ever hurts the one who engages in it,
only humiliates those who put aside their self-respect long enough to say that
someone else’s happiness is more important than their own. We are told non-stop
to sit and wait passively for the love of someone else to come and make things
better, to wait until it validates and beautifies and rewards us for having
been so patient. But think of all the wonderful things we could be doing
instead of waiting, the people we could be if we weren’t tempering our us-ness
to impress someone else. Surely even a mediocre day lived fully is better than
the best day which is spent in waiting.’’
It was really hard
to try and try again thinking that I will have a chance one day. Probably one
day she’ll find out that no other guy has treated her as well as me. Maybe this
maybe that? It’s literally full of internal struggles within my puny brain. There’s
this constant battle to give up or not to give up. And then this passage hit me.
What I have been
doing is not love at all! Love should never be so one sided. Where’s the
happiness of liking someone? Or the adrenaline when the other person asks how you
or what are you doing? It should never been me being so one sided always giving
a listening ear! I am really a sensory person and often than not I could predict
what she want to say or how she wants me to react. It’s those minute hints that
I incorporated when talking to her to show that I really care.
How often do you
hear a guy being so troubled over a girl for eternity? How often do you hear a
guy cry because of a girl? How often do you see a guy bending at your will to
meet you when you decide to meet? I can seriously tell you that I am one hell
of a person with pride to everyone but you. I could literally put down my pride
just for your sake.
Oh well it’s true
that you did not ask for it and did not send me the wrong signals. Everything’s
more of my fault for assuming too much. That’s why this has to stop! Right now
right here today.
The passage really
hit me hard. If it’s meant to be it it’s meant to be. If I truly have a chance
there wouldn’t be new boyfriends in the middle of these 2 years. It goes to
show that time is never really a factor in relationships for girls. If that guy
is right and everything suits her criteria a few weeks would be enough. Not
some long two year old courtship here and there. Maybe it was me being in the
wrong place at the wrong time with the wrong person.
But I really really
really admire this little tweet. She’s really one hell of a strong fighter with
so much stuff overwhelming her. I will not deny the fact that I will crumble if
I am in her shoes. That’s why I have decided probably it’s heaven’s will for me
to be here as her friend.
Just someone who
will be there for her even if the entire world turned their backs on her.
Just someone who’s always
there to listen to her troubles and cheer her up with whatever ways a Dumbo
could think of.
Just someone who I
could never expect anything in return.
Just someone who
can never fulfill her expectations of someone she can like or respect.
Just someone who
can be taken for granted for always being there.
Just someone who
will never be angry no matter how harsh I am treated.
Just someone who
constantly worries about your wellbeing be it rain or shine.
Just someone who
stalks you every day on your updates hoping you’re doing fine.
However this time,
I will be there as a friend. Not someone who likes you or someone who loves
you. It’s time for me to seek out my own happiness as well. Not placing yours
above mine as I have given up on myself far too much. I deserve more don’t I? There
are always lessons to be learnt and lessons to be taught. It’s all this emotion
that makes us human isn’t it? Being able to hate, being able to love, being
able to breathe in another breathe of air and tell ourselves that we are alive.
There’s so much in life that I have missed! Being able to decide for myself,
have fun with everyone without worrying! Life itself is an irony. We always cherish
things that we have lost and being complacent on things that we have. Self-destruction
will never be a viable option. It will only show how weak that person is. It’s
the attention that everyone seeks subconsciously. The craving for being loved
and being wanted, it makes us feel human. Makes us feel special that hey someone
is missing me! Life itself is also a zero sum game. You gain something and you
lose something. There’s no perfect person in the world. You can be handsome but
poor, ugly but happy. It really depends on what perspective you’re looking at.
If you think you feel sad, naturally the brain will send signals to your body
that yes you’re sad! So why be sad when you can be so much happier as a person!
I want to believe that everything happens for a reason. Probably this is where
I grow up, be a man and be a better person. There’s no right or wrong in
relationships and I will and still be there for you. However this time I will
place my needs above yours. That’s how it should be isn’t it! Although I know
you’ll never have the chance to read this, I want to say I did not regret
knowing you. There’s bound to be happiness and sadness in relationships. Why look
at the sadness and not the happiness you brought me? One day I will find that
special someone and show you to her proudly this is someone whom I have liked
in the past! J
|
Friends
Agnes
April
Daughter
Elizabeth
Elvira
Felicia
Jerene
Ka Chong
Pei Shi
Samantha
Vic
Wee Gek
Weng Lum
Zhiqi
Friendster
|